Youth Service Hawaii's Youth Philanthropy Board announces the availability of grants funds (up to $750) to support service learning projects:
- Proposed by school or non profit group of students with teacher.
- Address community needs such as: Homelessness, Environment, Peace, Disaster Preparedness, Elder Needs.
- Link to school/subject curriculum.
- Proposed by school group of students and a teacher of grades 4-12th grades
- Project will address community needs in the areas such as: Homelessness, Environment, Peace, Disaster Preparedness, Elder Needs.
- Students will be directly involved in service as part of the project.
- Students and teacher will link project to curriculum standards and/or learning objectives.
- Students and teacher will share their experience with educators in the community in spring of 2014.
Funding uses include:
- Materials and supplies to carry out service
- Transportation to get to service site
- Food for volunteers
Download the application and more instructions.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.